LEGO Minifigure Series 12

LegoMinifigSeries12

The first image of the new LEGO minifig set, due out in October, has cropped up on various sites. Naturally, I thought I’d add my two cents. The price listed on Brickipedia is $3.99, which could mean a price increase here in South Africa too, but I suppose we’ll have to wait and see what the actual price is when the set is released.

The minifigures that really caught my eye here include the pig suit guy, the wizard, the princess, the jester, ‘Athena’ and the female genie. This is one I’m really looking forward to now!

In case you were wondering why this set is series 12 and not 14 (as I was), it seems that the Lego Movie and Simpsons sets didn’t have numbers at all, so this set follows on from series 11 which was released last year.

Abigail Holden

Gamer, geek, LEGO fanatic. I also love Pathfinder RPG, The Sims, cross stitching, crochet and sci-fi and fantasy movies, games & books. And animals.

7 thoughts on “LEGO Minifigure Series 12

• 14th October 2014 at 1:43 pm

Just paid for this set and hoping to get it soon. Can’t wait!! I know my daughters going to enjoy playing with this set more than the others 🙂 I’m probably looking forwarding to seeing the Gamer minifig the most :)!!

• 25th August 2014 at 4:30 pm

The older sets are truly scarce here in South Africa, and the few that are on sale are quite pricey coming in at more than R300 for some series 1 mini figures.

But thankfully going forward I’ll be able to have the complete sets.

Just got 6 more bags this morning from series 10 and managed to get 3 more in the series bringing me up to 10/16 from series 10 :)!!

Apart from my duplicates being Tomahawk Warrior (x2), Painter (x2), Baseball player and the Skydiver, I seem to have had quite a bit of luck with them having purchased 16 bags already, lol.

The Mad Scientist is from series 4 if I’m not mistaken?? Once I am done with series 10 & 11 I intend on trying for the older series, if by some chance I come across the mad scientist I will definitely let you know.

• 26th August 2014 at 11:12 am

Yes, I think the mad scientist came from series 4 – sadly that was before I started ordering from Blox Universe! I would really appreciate you keeping an eye out for me 🙂

• 20th August 2014 at 2:48 pm

So I’ve spent just about R500 in the past two weeks at different ToyZones on Minifigs series 10, trying to make sure I can collect them all before they become discontinued.

I’d like to know how do you usually buy your Minifigs to make sure you can get all the figs in the series that you like because standing and pressing the bags until my hands are red has just become too much, lol.

I’ve noticed in a few of your older posts you suggest importing, has this always gone smoothly for you? and is there a place that you know of that I can swop with people there duplicates for mine. Thanks.

• 21st August 2014 at 1:38 pm

I buy most of my Lego from Blox Universe these days (https://www.facebook.com/BloxUniverse). They check the packets so I don’t have to spend hours in toy stores anymore 😉 I have a standing order with them for a full set of every minifig series that comes out.

I have imported Lego via Brick Link in the past, and registered post is usually fine. I haven’t imported in a while after some items vanished into the postal system :/

I don’t know anywhere to swop duplicates, though you might try asking on Twitter or Facebook – you never know who collects minifigs! Hope this helps 🙂

• 22nd August 2014 at 10:24 am

Thanks so much, been chatting to Henry from Blox Universe.

Quite a friendly guy, he is going to help me out with series 12 once they launch but unfortunately doesn’t have stock of any of the older series 🙁

So back to the shops for me until my collection from series 10 – 11 are complete 🙂

Thanks for the tips 🙂

• 24th August 2014 at 3:30 pm

No problem. It’s a pity he didn’t have stock of the older set – I’ve had that problem in the past and I’m STILL missing the mad scientist minifig from one of the previous sets! (Couldn’t find him in ANY shops either!) Good luck with your search 🙂

Share your thoughts below!