Keeping up with the Joneses #76

Jones397

Life in the Jones household was much the same as ever. Or at least it seemed that was to Edith, who spent most of her free time painting.

Jones396

While her sister was trying to dealing with the troublesome business of being the Jones family heir, Edith spent her time focused on improving her art. The demands of her career as a painter meant that she had to spend countless hours honing her craft if she was to eventually rise above the common ranks to become a true patron of the arts.

Jones398

Evelyn shared her fears with Elliot over breakfast. She explained that she very much wanted to start a family, but she was worried about her career.

Jones399

Elliot understood her fears. They were still young: no need to rush into anything.

Jones400

Evelyn was surprised that Elliot was being so understanding. She was even more surprised when he moved in for their first official kiss!

Abigail Holden

Gamer, geek, LEGO fanatic. I also love Pathfinder RPG, The Sims, cross stitching, crochet and sci-fi and fantasy movies, games & books. And animals.

7 thoughts on “Keeping up with the Joneses #76

• Pingback: Bi-Weekly Stories List - 10/12/2015 - The Sims Legacy Challenge

• 13th October 2015 at 9:15 am

Heh! Your house is nicely decorated.

Are you still using the original Sims 4 paintings? (I can’t tell. First thing to go in any Sims game is the default paintings.)

If you are interested, I downloaded a mod that replaces all the paintings: MTS_DaisyTighfield’s mod.

My Sim painted this amazing masterpiece of Guardians of the Galaxy’s Groot, for example. And it is easily customizable too, the mod.

For example, instead of wavy boring lines in the Abstract branch of art, my Sims now all paint various images of Captain America!

Oh and good luck with Evelyn. Balancing family life and a career is hectic!

• 13th October 2015 at 9:25 am

I don’t have any mods or custom content at the moment. I must admit I enjoy seeing the weird default paintings that my Sims paint. There are seriously strange ones in there. And the fact that I keep seeing new ones is pretty cool as well. The Guardians/Avengers art is certainly tempting though!

Thanks – I’m really glad Sims 4 is different from Sims 3 in that parent Sims are not forced to take family leave and thereby delay their career advancement!

• 13th October 2015 at 9:28 am

My Sim went for a career in art once. Then after day one I quit. She made quite a decent fortune selling her art before she gave up the ghost.

• 13th October 2015 at 10:05 am

Hehe yeah good art sells really nicely. I find writing books and publishing them gives great long-term passive income. Sadly it stops when the Sim dies šŸ™

• 13th October 2015 at 11:38 am

Now you mention it… Inheritance. When my main Sim died, all her hard earned cash stayed in the family. So why not the royalties for books?

But no. I had an author Sim and man was he dull. So he did an Arnold and cheated on his wife with the maid.

One divorce later and the wife is now heir to the Bredel mini-fortune.

(I just had to have a valid reason for the husband to leave the family. So I soap-opera-ed it a bit…)

• 13th October 2015 at 11:55 am

I guess because the money Sims have already earned is just added to the household funds and not connected to a specific Sim. But royalties are linked to that Sim, so when they die, everything directly connected to them just stops?

Sounds a bit more original than just shutting the husband into a room with no door šŸ˜‰

Share your thoughts below!